Victoria BC Dietitian (Nutritionist) Kristen Yarker, MSc, RD Shares A simple, Delicious, Healthy Fall Recipe for Pumpkin Pasta. Vegan, dairy-free, sugar-free, gluten-free.Read More
Love the flavour of pumpkin spice and pumpkin pie? But looking for a healthy way to enjoy it? Look no further. This mousse is seriously delicious.
I admit that I'm lazy so I make it without the crust. And it's still fantastic! I find that the pumpkin mousse tastes best when refrigerated overnight.
This recipe is a great way to include some more veggies (for picky kids and us adults who can use to eat more veggies too). Pumpkin rocks the vitamin A and has good fibre too.
Baby Food Version: Make this recipe without the crust and omit the maple syrup.
Healthy Pumpkin Mousse Ingredients:
1 cup of full fat coconut milk (put in fridge overnight)
1 can of pumpkin puree
1/4 cup of black chia seeds
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 3 dates
- 1 cup of raw nuts (e.g. walnuts and pecans)
- 1/4 cup of oats
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
Healthy Pumpkin Mousse Directions:
- In a food processor, mixer or blender, add all the ingredients. Start with low speed and work your way up to high speed.
- Once all the coconut chunks are pureed set aside in a bowl.
- For the “crust”, mix together dates, raw nuts, cinnamon, oats, and nutmeg in a food processor until the dates have broken down.
- Take a spoonful of the “crust” into a parfait cup and add the pumpkin mousse.
Get more recipes on my recipe page HERE.
Photo and recipe credit: Amazing student Hanna Kim (Thanks Hanna!)