This is the #1 most frequently pinned recipe from my Pinterest boards. A totally delicious update on tapioca pudding from the cookbook Quinoa 365.
This dish is fantastic for little ones who don't like to eat meat or other protein-rich foods. If you're looking for more ways to use quinoa, I highly recommend the book. I've enjoyed many of it's recipes.
Creamy Quinoa Pudding Ingredients
1/3 cup quinoa
2/3 cup water
2 cups half and half cream
2 large eggs
1/4 cup white or cane sugar (I use less)
2 Tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Creamy Quinoa Pudding Directions
- In a saucepan, bring water and quinoa to a boil. Cover, reduce to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Turn the heat off and leave the covered saucepan on the burner for another 6 minutes.
- Fluff the quinoa with a fork and allow to cool.
- Place the cream in a medium saucepan and heat on medium-high until hot but not boiling (steam will rise from the top). Remove from the heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar and cornstarch with 1 TBSP of the hot cream.
- Add an additional 3 TBSP of hot cream, one TBSP at a time, whisking constantly.
- Whisk the tempered egg mixture into the saucepan and return to medium heat. Cook, whisking constantly, until the pudding has thickened.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the quinoa and vanilla.
- Pour the pudding into individual serving bowls.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
Check out more healthy recipes.